The Annual Membership Meeting will be held on Thursday, December 3, 2015 at noon at the Cumberland Country Club. During the meeting the Chamber membership will have an opportunity to elect six members to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is composed of eighteen members, one third (six members) of whom are elected annually to serve for three years.
Candidates for directors may be nominated by petition bearing the genuine signature of at least (5) qualified members of the Chamber. Each candidate must be willing to meet the following criteria in order to serve:
- Be an active member in good standing with the Chamber
- Serve as a member of the Board of Directors for a period of three years
- Attend all regularly scheduled board meetings (held the last Thursday of each month) and an Orientation and Strategic Planning Session (held in January)
- Attend Chamber events, including After Hours, Expo, The Fling, Crab Feast, Ribbon Cuttings, and Recognition Dinner
- Assist with Chamber events and fundraisers
- Commit to serve on at least one active standing committee
If you or a member you know has an interest in serving on the Chamber Board of Directors please contact Nominating Committee Chair Dr. Cynthia Bambara, Allegany College of Maryland at 301-784-5270. Candidate names will appear on the ballot to be voted on during the December 3rd Annual Meeting at the Cumberland Country Club. Thank you.