Additional Facts About YOUR Chamber
Additional Facts You Might Not Know About YOUR Chamber:
- The Bell Tower Building, home to the Chamber, was built in 1885 and entered on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
- The Chamber has seven standing committees: Economic Development, Education, Finance, Leadership Allegany!, Legislative, Membership, and Tourism. The Chamber tackles issues in a variety of disciplines to better serve the needs of businesses within our community.
- During the legislative session in Annapolis, the Legislative Committee meets every Wednesday at noon in the boardroom of the Bell Tower Building to review legislative bills. All members are welcome to attend.
- The Chamber’s Education Committee sponsored a membership luncheon to educate members about the gang activity taking place within the community.
- You can purchase a detailed Allegany County street map at the Chamber office for just $1.00.
- The Chamber provides referrals and resource information in response to public inquiries for housing, relocation and commercial development.
- For just $100.00, Chamber members can purchase pre-printed labels to help promote your product or service to fellow Chamber members.
- You can profile your business in the Chamber newsletter. Call the Chamber office for details.
- As a Chamber member, you can advertise your company’s latest news and innovations in our monthly newsletter. The cost is only $150.00 to insert a flier.
- Your investment in the Chamber helps to ensure continued growth and economic success within the region.